Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Lowestoft Online Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Priory Farm Restaurant, St Olaves  (Read 27568 times)
Gary
Lowestoft Online Addict

Ex umbra in solem!

Priory Farm Restaurant, St Olaves « Posted: 04 July 2009 at 08:36 AM »

Not strictly Lowestoft (although it was once) but right on the border and well worth a visit. An unusual setting in the grounds of a ruined priory make this an unusual but interesting choice for dining out. Not the cheapest restaurant by any means but not the most expensive either and you get what you pay for. The bar area is very small and there is not much seating but I have never found that to be a problem. The food is always excellent and plentiful and the staff are always friendly and welcoming. There is a staggering choice of food here, as well as the extensive menu there are many daily chefs specials on the blackboard too and your only dilemma here will be in trying to decide what to eat! The restaurant serves a wide range of dishes including traditional English food, International and a selection of fresh fish. The atmosphere is warm and inviting and you are even greeted by Llamas on arrival and the restaurant itself is quite large and in a lovely location. For a romantic meal for two then simply request an "alcove" table (seats up to 4) when you book, nice and private!  Kiss Kiss
More pictures HERE.

Priory Farm Restaurant
Beccles Rd
St Olaves
Great Yarmouth
Norfolk
NR31 9HE

Tel: 01493 488432

[attachment deleted by admin]

The Black Dog Of Bungay.
Click the link above to find out more.

Meryl
Global Moderator
Lowestoft Online Addict

Re: Priory Farm Restaurant, St Olaves « Reply #1 Posted: 04 July 2009 at 07:53 PM »

If we have a special occasion to celebrate, we always go to The Priory Farm Restaurant at St Olaves.

kaypink
Pink!
Lowestoft Online Addict

~ The Voice For Youth ~

Re: Priory Farm Restaurant, St Olaves « Reply #2 Posted: 04 July 2009 at 08:16 PM »

Ditto

Never forgotten
funkychick
Global Moderator
Lowestoft Online Addict

You may leave, but you'll return

Re: Priory Farm Restaurant, St Olaves « Reply #3 Posted: 04 July 2009 at 08:43 PM »

Yep me too
Suffolkboy
Re: Priory Farm Restaurant, St Olaves « Reply #4 Posted: 04 July 2009 at 08:55 PM »

Looks a nice place,however I just could not eat a Lama steak even if it was well done.  Grin Grin Grin Grin
Gary
Lowestoft Online Addict

Ex umbra in solem!

Re: Priory Farm Restaurant, St Olaves « Reply #5 Posted: 05 July 2009 at 02:46 PM »

Seems like a very popular venue among us locals and makes me wonder if we haven't already met before without realising! Roll Eyes
As for the Llamas, I think they are much more attractive in the outside pens than on a plate or in a bun!  Grin

The Black Dog Of Bungay.
Click the link above to find out more.

malcolm
Lowestoft Online Addict

I Love Lowestoft!

Re: Priory Farm Restaurant, St Olaves « Reply #6 Posted: 05 July 2009 at 02:59 PM »

We like it there very much, not been lately must go again soon.

Forever Yellow
Prof B Rainstorm
Re: Priory Farm Restaurant, St Olaves « Reply #7 Posted: 05 July 2009 at 03:58 PM »

I went to Priory farm maybe 5-7 years ago and was impressed. I like nice steaks Wink
If it's still under the same management and Chef de Cuisine (or better), then I think , I must go there again soon.
Sometimes it's nice to go out of town but not too far.

Browston Hall used to be good 15-20 years ago, has anyone been there lately?

Prof
 Smiley
Meryl
Global Moderator
Lowestoft Online Addict

Re: Priory Farm Restaurant, St Olaves « Reply #8 Posted: 05 July 2009 at 04:09 PM »

As far as I know it has never changed management since it opened.

Prof B Rainstorm
Re: Priory Farm Restaurant, St Olaves « Reply #9 Posted: 05 July 2009 at 04:19 PM »

Thanks Meryl, if that's the case I hope it's still v.good.
I've only been there twice and it were a nice tasty meal and pleasant environment on both ocassions.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All Go Up
Print
Admin options
Jump to: